IAS Authentication PER USER
nye
2008-10-15 14:45:02 UTC
Hi all,
I'd like to create one condition that permit to authenticate ONE user
and not a GROUP of users.

I'm in enteprise environment and it's impossibile to thing to create
one group with one user to perform this condition.

Thanks in advance
Best Regars
James McIllece [MS]
2008-10-16 00:45:09 UTC
Post by nye
Hi all,
I'd like to create one condition that permit to authenticate ONE user
and not a GROUP of users.
I'm in enteprise environment and it's impossibile to thing to create
one group with one user to perform this condition.
Thanks in advance
Best Regars
If you don't want to create policies (either remote access or network
policies, depending on your version of Windows Server) to grant or deny
access to a group of users, just set the network access permission property
of each user account to "Allow access."

Then if the connecting user provides the correct credentials, they will be
granted access to the network.

James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

nye
2008-10-17 08:30:00 UTC
On 16 Ott, 02:45, "James McIllece [MS]"
Post by James McIllece [MS]
Post by nye
Hi all,
I'd like to create one condition that permit to authenticate ONE user
and not a GROUP of users.
I'm in enteprise environment and it's impossibile to thing to create
one group with one user to perform this condition.
Thanks in advance
Best Regars
If you don't want to create policies (either remote access or network
policies, depending on your version of Windows Server) to grant or deny
access to a group of users, just set the network access permission property
of each user account to "Allow access."
Then if the connecting user provides the correct credentials, they will be
granted access to the network.
James McIllece, Microsoft
Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.
I want to create a policy to authenticate ONLY ONE USER and not a
group. This is my problem.
I'm on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Ed. SP1
James McIllece [MS]
2008-10-17 21:47:55 UTC
Post by nye
I want to create a policy to authenticate ONLY ONE USER and not a
group. This is my problem.
I'm on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Ed. SP1
The simplest thing to do is create a group and add only one user to the
group.

Then configure the remote access policy with the group.

Will that approach solve your problem?

Off the top of my head, I don't know of another way to do this, but I'll
investigate it further if the solution I've provided doesn't help you.