Some clients suddenly stop working
Craig Brown
2008-09-05 14:33:28 UTC

We have 30 wireless clients connecting via as an IAS radius server that
after a period of time, between 2-4 weeks, some, not all, will stop being
able to authenticate the wireless and say domain is unavailable. I have
discovered if I connect them back up to a wired network and reboot then they
will refresh settings and then work fine on wireless after that for another
period of time. I have tried looking at the IAS log but it seems once they
fail they no longer even get to that point as the computer is not listed at
all in the IAS log. Any suggestions as to why they are suddenly unable to
connect?

Thanks,
Craig Brown
S. Pidgorny <MVP>
2008-09-08 08:56:52 UTC
If there's nothing in the logs than the wireless access
point/controllers stop forwarding authentication to the RADIUS server,
and this should be troubleshooted as a network gear issue.

The time period looks suspiciously like something to do with the
computer password expiry (every 30 days)
--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

* http://sl.mvps.org * http://msmvps.com/blogs/sp *
Hi,