Brocade switch admin role
Nitz Walsh
2008-01-31 14:50:22 UTC

How can i give an admin role to users authenticated with IAS on my Brocade
switches ?
S. Pidgorny <MVP>
2008-02-12 09:16:12 UTC
By configuring the switch to use RADIUS authentication and pointing it to
IAS as hte AAAA server?
--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

* http://sl.mvps.org * http://msmvps.com/blogs/sp *
Post by Nitz Walsh
Hi,
How can i give an admin role to users authenticated with IAS on my Brocade
switches ?
The KOOY
2008-03-18 16:56:01 UTC
6. Next, right-click on Remote Access Policy, and select “New Remote Access
Policy”. Figure 4.

Figure 4

7. Do NOT use the WIZARD. Select Custom and give your policy a name. Each
role will require an individual policy. Figure 5.

Figure 5

8. Click Next. Under “Policy Conditions”, Add the “Windows Group” that will
be authorized against the switch. It cant be individual users. If in Active
Directory, create a group and add the respective users to it. For stand
alones, just create local users and add to a group.
9. Select another “Policy Condition”, “Authentication Type”. Add PAP to the
list.
10. Click Next, select “Grant remote access permissions”
11. Click Next, click “Edit Profile”
12. Under the “Authentication” tab, make sure PAP is checked. Figure 6

Figure 6

13. Then click the “Advanced” tab. Click “Add”, select “Vendor-specific”
from the list. Click “Add” again in the pop-up.

14. Select “Enter vendor code”. Input the value “1588”. Figure 7

Figure 7

15. Select “Yes, it conforms”, then click on “Configure attribute”.
Configure as follows.

Vendor Assigned attribute : 1
Attribute Format : String
Attribute value : admin

The “admin” value is changed accordingly based on the roles the policy is for.
Figure 8.

Figure 8

16. Then click Finish.
--
The KOOY
Post by S. Pidgorny <MVP>
By configuring the switch to use RADIUS authentication and pointing it to
IAS as hte AAAA server?
--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-
* http://sl.mvps.org * http://msmvps.com/blogs/sp *
Hi,