Error message while try creating new Policy in IAS
Rob
2008-10-31 19:10:01 UTC
Hi there,
I just purchased a SSL Wireless LAN Server Certificate, to be used for
authenticate my AP/wireless clients and installed in on the DC that IAS
installed and the cert is issued for that server, as well.
I am following Step by Step Secure wireless for small organization from
Microsoft.
i was fine until I tried to create new Access policy and used Wizard, access
method: Wireless and specified the group and then in Authentication Method i
have to use "configure" in order to specify the VerSign certificate, but as
soon as I click on Configure i receive an error says:
Microsoft management Console has encountered a problem and needs to close.
and then it will close.
In Application event log I have error 1000 and 1001 Microsoft Management
Console.
I contacted VeriSign and they checked the cert and said it is fine and I
have to contact Microsoft.
Anybody can help?
Rob
James McIllece [MS]
2008-11-02 20:59:39 UTC
Post by Rob
[...]
Hi Rob --

I am investigating this for you. If I find anything out I will post again.

Thanks
--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

James McIllece [MS]
2008-11-07 18:47:23 UTC
Post by James McIllece [MS]
Post by Rob
[...]

Because this is not an NPS error but is an MMC error, it is not related to
NPS.

I ran a Web search on your phrase "error 1000 and 1001 Microsoft Management
Console" and received a lot of pertinent results, so you might want to try
that. The search results are below:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=error+1000+and+1001+Microsoft&go=&for
m=QBLH

Thanks --