RADIUS message received from invalid IP address of server itself
shimh
2008-10-15 17:05:01 UTC
This is a Windows 2008 server, which has two NICs for external network and
internal network accesses. Listening port configuration of NPS is the
default.

I got this error message "A RADIUS message was received from the invalid
RADIUS client IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" on NPS on Windows 2008. The
problem is that the IP address is server itself's external IP address. Any
idea on how to fix it? Thanks.
James McIllece [MS]
2008-10-16 00:57:37 UTC
Post by shimh
This is a Windows 2008 server, which has two NICs for external network
and internal network accesses. Listening port configuration of NPS is
the default.
I got this error message "A RADIUS message was received from the
invalid RADIUS client IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" on NPS on Windows
2008. The problem is that the IP address is server itself's external
IP address. Any idea on how to fix it? Thanks.
What this means is that one of your configured RADIUS clients has an
incorrect IP address (and one is probably configured with the address of
the NPS server rather than the IP of the NAS)

Thanks --

James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

shimh
2008-10-16 01:45:05 UTC
Based on the answer, I found one of the client specify the NPS server using
its NetBios name, which would be resolved as both internal and external
addresses (since the NPS server has two NICs). I changed NetBios name to the
internal address. And it seems the issue has been solved. Thanks.
James McIllece [MS]