Problem authorizing a user using Active directory
rodolfor
2008-07-11 09:53:02 UTC
Hi all.
I use NPS and I tried to authorize an user simply with user name condition
in the "connection request policy" and setting "accept user without
validating credentials".
Then I integrated Radius with active directory, I created a user and set
"Authenticate requests on this server".

The radius receive the request; I see the correct security log (logon and
logoff) but the radius answer to the client with status 3 (not auth).

How could I check ?

thanks
FenderAxe
2008-07-18 20:59:17 UTC
Post by rodolfor
Hi all.
I use NPS and I tried to authorize an user simply with user name
condition in the "connection request policy" and setting "accept user
without validating credentials".
Then I integrated Radius with active directory, I created a user and
set "Authenticate requests on this server".
The radius receive the request; I see the correct security log (logon
and logoff) but the radius answer to the client with status 3 (not
auth).
How could I check ?
thanks
I think you're kinda mixed up and you need to read the help some more. You
don't use CRP to authenticate users, you use it to forward requests to
other NPS servers.

Get rid of any CRP's you've created and use the default CRP only for now.

Configure network policy to authenticate and authorize users.

FA