Custom attributes in remote access policy condition
Stéphane Ricour
2008-01-29 07:54:48 UTC
Our provider (BT) provides a service called Internet Proxy Radius Service. With this service they are sending to our Radius server all connection requests to the network.
Authentication request messages contains some custom attributes from BT/Infonet:

for sample:
++++++++

..

10/17/00 04:15:51.682 RADIUS.debug radius com.lucent.ra.bs.rabm.server.RadiusSin

k.proxyAccountingRequest Send Accounting-Request(1) to .......(customer radius svr)

Permit = "defaultsvcid"

Service = "defaultsvcid"

Config = "defaultsvcid"

Infonet-Surcharge-Type = 1 <<== toll free

"infonet-surcharge-type"

as vender specific attribute,

comes with attribute #254,

We are trying to find a way to use those custom attributes in remote access policy conditions.

Question 1: Is it possible to do it using IAS (the list of available attributes in condition does not seem extensible)

Question 2: Will NPS in Windows 2008 have a solution?
S. Pidgorny <MVP>
2008-01-30 10:06:51 UTC
Not that I'm aware of. IAS's best feature is simplicity - you get what's
there in documentation and UI.
--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

* http://sl.mvps.org * http://msmvps.com/blogs/sp *

Stéphane Ricour