Radius with dynamic dns clients
EricB
2008-09-25 20:14:27 UTC
I am using dynamic DNS on client firewalls to register them and in turn, I'm
address of the Radius/IAS client. If I attempt to login to the remote device
anytime after the IP changes, it fails as IAS does not seem to refresh its IP
entry for that hostname on any type of cycle. Wondering if anyone knows how
to fix this and/or force the IAS server to refresh it's hostname/ip cache?
Nothing obvious in the registry. Guess I could stop/start the service on a
scheduled basis but have not actually tried that to see if it works or if the
entry is still tied to the original IP...
S. Pidgorny <MVP>
2008-09-27 23:43:15 UTC
Try restarting the service. Since you probably have redundant RADIUS
servers (everyone should), there's no problem restarting single service
at any time.
--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

* http://sl.mvps.org * http://msmvps.com/blogs/sp *