NPS accept Disconnect command ?
rodolfor
2008-04-13 15:14:00 UTC
cI try to implement NPS as a radius server for mikrotik radius clients
(hiperlan clients). The clients use NPS only as radius: after received radius
attributes they log into a different network.
While I need to track accounting of user, I need to track the client
disconnection.
NPS accept Disconnect command ?
James McIllece [MS]
2008-04-16 21:08:20 UTC
Post by rodolfor
cI try to implement NPS as a radius server for mikrotik radius clients
(hiperlan clients). The clients use NPS only as radius: after received
radius attributes they log into a different network.
While I need to track accounting of user, I need to track the client
disconnection.
NPS accept Disconnect command ?
If you have selected to log all data required for session correlation,
which is used for billing purposes or troubleshooting, you will have a
record of when clients have logged on and off the network.

The following information is from the IAS SQL Server logging whitepaper,
which you can download from the Microsoft Download Center at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6E4357F7-4070-
4902-95F1-3AD411D963B2&displaylang=en

Here's the info:

Required database fields for session correlation
When you create the fields in the tables of your MSDE 2000 and SQL Server
databases, you must provide all fields that allow applications to query the
database, correlate related fields, and return a cohesive view of each
session in the query results. This is called session correlation. At a
minimum, to provide session correlation, you must log the following IAS
accounting data in the MSDE 2000 and SQL Server 2000 databases:
" NAS-IP-Address
" NAS-Identifier (You need both NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Identifier
because the network access server, or NAS, can send one or the other.)
" Class
" Acct-Session-Id
" Acct-Multi-Session-Id
" Packet-Type
" Acct-Status-Type
" Acct-Interim-Interval
" NAS-Port
" Event-Timestamp
--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.