IAS Licensing
Rainer
2008-06-19 08:30:44 UTC
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding licensing of the Microsoft IAS server. I know
the following:

- Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition supports up to 50 RADIUS clients
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition supports an unlimited number of
RADIUS clients

The question is now if the above mentioned RADIUS client license is included
in the windows license? Or do we have to buy additional IAS licenses per
RADIUS client?

Am I allowed to use the full 50 RADIUS clients on our W2k3 Standard Edition
Server without any additional license fee?

Thanks in advance
/rainer
S. Pidgorny <MVP>
2008-06-19 08:42:19 UTC
IAS license is included, no additional fee is involved.
--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

* http://sl.mvps.org * http://msmvps.com/blogs/sp *