Using of IAS with Mikrotik devices
rodolfor
2007-11-23 10:43:02 UTC
We cover with wireless some lands with Mikrotik devices.
These devices could query and send to a radius server information about AAA.
Had someone done a similar implementation ?
Thanks
nikmac
2007-11-27 11:56:02 UTC
Hi
I was implement a vpn servers with Mikrotik and IAS without problem. Is very
stable.

Last days i was try to implement an access point with Mikrotik and IAS with
PEAP authentication, without lack. The ias server is not recognize the
attribute
of nas-port-type and by default is drop the request from user in portable.

I searching the knowledge base everywhere, and for the moment i don't
find everything.

Thanks
Thanks
S. Pidgorny <MVP>
2007-11-30 22:42:07 UTC
What NAS type do you use and which one is sent to IAS (check the logs)?
--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

* http://sl.mvps.org * http://msmvps.com/blogs/sp *
Thanks
nikmac
2007-12-03 11:30:02 UTC
Hi

The NAS port types is Wireless - IEE 802.11 and Wireless - Other

The version of win is win3k sp1 and i make a test with this and with win3k
R2 sp2
without luck.

The log say "NAS-Port-Type=<not present>" and "NAS-Port=<not present>"

I think this is a problem. I don't have any choice to send these attributes
from Mikrotik.

With Virtual (VPN) NAS Port type and from others Mikrotik machines for VPN,
enerything
is working for years like a rock.

Thanks