IASLogs
Vinkie
2008-07-29 06:49:21 UTC

A problem cropped up a few months ago where all of a sudden certain fields
in the IAS Logs just don't get logged anymore.

I verified that the setup corresponds to another server that operates
correctly.

The fields that are missing are:
40 - Acct-Status-Type
41 - Acct-Delay-Time
42 - Acct-Input-Octets
43 - Acct-Output-Octets
46 - Acct-Session-Time

What can I look for?

Cheers
DV
James McIllece [MS]
2008-08-04 17:38:18 UTC
Hi there --

What version of Windows Server are you using? Do you have IAS configured
for SQL Server logging, logging to text/database compatible format, or
logging to text/IAS format? What are your accounting settings in IAS (i.e.
what information are you choosing to log?)
Post by Vinkie
Hi,
A problem cropped up a few months ago where all of a sudden certain
fields in the IAS Logs just don't get logged anymore.
I verified that the setup corresponds to another server that operates
correctly.
40 - Acct-Status-Type
41 - Acct-Delay-Time
42 - Acct-Input-Octets
43 - Acct-Output-Octets
46 - Acct-Session-Time
What can I look for?
Cheers
DV
************
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

Vinkie
2008-08-08 06:13:08 UTC

It is IAS with default settings.

We found the issue. The firewalls have been modified and the info relating
to the missing fields is filtered.

Tx
Post by James McIllece [MS]
Hi there --
What version of Windows Server are you using? Do you have IAS configured
for SQL Server logging, logging to text/database compatible format, or
logging to text/IAS format? What are your accounting settings in IAS (i.e.
what information are you choosing to log?)
Hi,
James McIllece [MS]