IAS logging to remote SQLServer 2005
Martin Bodenstedt
2008-11-14 09:54:55 UTC

I'm running IAS on a Windows 2003 Server and am trying to set up logging
to a remote SQL Server 2005. Both servers are members of the same native
2003 AD domain.

I've created the IASODBC database from the sample script (including the
stored procedure).

But how do I set up proper authentication?
--
Martin Bodenstedt

(www.die-bodenstedts.de / www.maboko.de)
James McIllece [MS]
2008-11-17 22:25:23 UTC
Post by Martin Bodenstedt
Hi,
I'm running IAS on a Windows 2003 Server and am trying to set up logging
to a remote SQL Server 2005. Both servers are members of the same native
2003 AD domain.
I've created the IASODBC database from the sample script (including the
stored procedure).
But how do I set up proper authentication?
If I remember correctly, you can use either Windows authentication or
built-in SQL Server authentication components. So either create an account
in SQL Server and then configure the Data Link properties in IAS with that
account, or use an AD account.

SQL Server documentation should provide detailed instructions on how/when
to create user accounts for database access.
--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.