Terminate EAP (-PEAP) at IAS Proxy and forward request as PAP.
jAy
2008-01-31 10:00:01 UTC
Hi all,

I have been thinking about a solution I need.

I have a Radius from another vendor (2 factor authentication thru SMS) and
they are using Windows 2003 server for their solution.

Their Radius solution is only supporting PAP authentication.
I have setup a 802.1x (EAP-PEAP) solution working very well.

Now I need to terminate the clients EAP-PEAP connection at MS IAS and proxy
the request further to the other vendors PAP-ONLY Radius.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance

Sincerely Joakim
James McIllece [MS]
2008-02-04 21:02:34 UTC
Post by jAy
Hi all,
I have been thinking about a solution I need.
I have a Radius from another vendor (2 factor authentication thru SMS)
and they are using Windows 2003 server for their solution.
Their Radius solution is only supporting PAP authentication.
I have setup a 802.1x (EAP-PEAP) solution working very well.
Now I need to terminate the clients EAP-PEAP connection at MS IAS and
proxy the request further to the other vendors PAP-ONLY Radius.
Is this possible? Thanks in advance
Sincerely Joakim
Hi Joakim --

As far as I know this is not possible.
--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.