Cannot open Http in IE7 when using wreless router
RANDMENG
2008-02-10 23:40:26 UTC
I am on Xp using a D Link wireless router and my Dell pc cannot open anything
beginning HTTP://. Windows diagnosis suggests firewall or antivirus blocking
ports for http, https and ftp. tried turnig firewall and av off, and opening
ports. no good. tried reloadiing drivers several times, no good. Router OK,
because Toshiba laptop works ok via D link. Dell works fine if I connect
via conventional wired Speed touch modem. Adapter is Dlink DWL-g122.
Any Ideas? am I in the right group?
James McIllece [MS]
2008-02-12 00:22:48 UTC
Post by RANDMENG
I am on Xp using a D Link wireless router and my Dell pc cannot open
anything beginning HTTP://. Windows diagnosis suggests firewall or
antivirus blocking ports for http, https and ftp. tried turnig
firewall and av off, and opening ports. no good. tried reloadiing
drivers several times, no good. Router OK, because Toshiba laptop
works ok via D link. Dell works fine if I connect via conventional
wired Speed touch modem. Adapter is Dlink DWL-g122. Any Ideas? am I in
the right group?
Hi there --

This newsgroup serves as a forum for questions about IAS in Windows Server
2003 and NPS in Windows Server 2008.

Please repost your question to the following newsgroup:

microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless

Thanks much --
--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.